Issue-Based Community Impact (IBCI)
In addition to training members to become civic leaders, Junior League of Greater Alton undertakes an Issue-Based Community Impact project every few years. These projects arise from detailed research on the needs of the Greater Alton region and unfold as multi-year plans to tackle the chosen issue.
Learn more about JLGA’s current ‘Fostering Wishes‘ Program, a transformative initiative dedicated to enhancing the lives of foster teens and supporting foster parents in the Riverbend region.
Beyond IBCI, JLGA participates in smaller volunteer efforts throughout the year. We have worked with organizations such as:
- Beverly Farm
- Boys and Girls Club
- Bucket Brigade
- Catholic Children’s Home
- Celebration of Christmas
- Crisis Food
- Easter Seals
- Family Services & Visiting Nurses Association
- Heartland Chautauqua Group
- Lewis and Clark Family Literacy Project (Project READ)
- Madison County Child Advocacy Center
- Operation Blessing
- Police Department
- Pride, Inc.
- Riverbend Head Start & Family Services
- United Way
- Urban League
- Visitor’s and Convention Bureau