Issue-Based Community Impact (IBCI)
In addition to training members to become civic leaders, Junior League of Greater Alton undertakes an Issue-Based Community Impact project every few years. These projects arise from detailed research on the needs of the Greater Alton region and unfold as multi-year plans to tackle the chosen issue.
Junior League Locker is our newest IBCI project, designed to address clothing insecurities in our region.
Beyond IBCI, JLGA participates in smaller volunteer efforts throughout the year, usually related to our IBCI topic. We have worked with organizations such as:
- Crisis Food
- Urban League
- Family Services & Visiting Nurses Association
- Catholic Children’s Home
- Visitor’s and Convention Bureau
- Celebration of Christmas
- Police Department
- United Way
- Easter Seals
- Operation Blessing
- Lewis and Clark Family Literacy Project (Project READ)
- Boys and Girls Club
- Bucket Brigade
- Heartland Chautauqua Group
- Madison County Child Advocacy Center
- Riverbend Head Start & Family Services.